Friday 9 September 2011

Messages for a friend from the Revel fridge poetry

Bee and I stopped into Revel for dinner during a lull in the madness this evening to have dinner and a glass of wine. One of my favorite things to do there is to sit and read the previous visitors' offerings, on their wall of fridge poetry, next to one of the tables.


There is always an amusing mix of crude, poignant and witty. I often sit and wonder who came up with each of them, what prompted them to leave that particular combination of words as a memento, albeit a temporary one.


Today, there were some half-formed sentences that Bee and I played around with. As we shuffled the words around, some sentences fell into place that immediately felt like messages that needed to be sent to a far away friend. I'm sure she knows who she is, without me even needing to tell her. She's wonderful like that.


I could imagine spending hours with her there, indulging in the exact same activity whilst chatting and drinking tea or chai. So I took photos of the sentences, before they were lost in the endless shuffle of the magnets, recombined to become a fresh part of someone else's thoughts and feelings.










2 comments:

  1. I feel nervous reading these little notes. They were exactly what I needed to read though. I wish it wasn't here that I was first proclaiming these words, but any medium is good right now. I love you and I love that we're friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Love you too, lady, and I love that we're friends, too.

    Talk soon x

    ReplyDelete