Monday 22 August 2011

Inspiration and Izy

Inspiration is a strange thing, and sometimes life gifts it to you in the most unexpected of ways. I have the most marvelous friend called Izy. I have known Izy, on and off, for several years now. We don't speak all that often, maybe once every few months and I could count the number of times I have met her, in person, using just my two hands. 

But every time I meet Izy, every time I speak to her, the strangest of things seems to happen. It feels like, for that moment, time stops. There is something about our chats, about the interactions we share that make me feel hopeful and connected to life and the world around me again. I can be in the very darkest of places, my head can be a jumble of lost and messy thoughts, but when we sit down to chat, even when she is on the other side of the world, it all becomes clear.

In a strange and odd coincidence, the bond works the other way as well. Izy often seeks me out when her soul needs soothing and clearing, and in soothing and clearing hers, she does the same for mine and re-inspires me, simply by virtue of being who she is.

It is rare to find people who are truly beautiful, inside and out. Izy is one of those. She has had a far from easy ride in life, but she has an inner strength that is utterly awe inspiring to see, especially in one so young. I love her determination, her passion, her positivity, and the way she looks at life through her lens to find the beauty, rather than to seek out the ugliness, despite being presented with more than her fair share of it on occasion.

When we spoke yesterday, I talked to her about soul-healing moments, those tiny moments in time when you feel a little piece inside of you that was broken click into place, settle and heal over, moments that, however small, you will remember forever. And I as spoke to her I realised that talking to her yesterday was one of those moments for me. And she inspired me to move forward. And I thank her, and realise, once again, how fortunate I am to have such a person in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment